Author Topic: The Pandemic and a possible look into the future of firearms  (Read 75 times)

Offline John Cox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Pandemic and a possible look into the future of firearms
« on: March 20, 2020, 03:57:00 PM »
First, sorry I've not been visible/active on my own forum. My wife is in the medical field and she has been slammed busy and stressed, I've been trying to get it through my uncles head that he needs to stay home due to his underlying health conditions, etc. So, now on to the elephant in the room. CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19:

While I do not totally understand the "rush" and hoarding, I do understand to a degree and even helped out my local gun shop myself buying a Taurus G2C 9mm and crap load of mags for my AR. Not to mention a friend of mine and I went in and bought 3000 rounds of 5.56. One thing I learned in all of this is that even the Dem and Libs are buying firearms. Case in point.

We went to ProShots  Saturday a week ago and in came an Asian couple wearing Biden hats. They were new to the gun world. They talked to a staff member and then went into the range a few lanes down from me. The staff member was showing them both the gun, how to shoot, aim, etc. and after spending a good amount of time with them, left to return later. A week later I went to Academy Sports to pick up some stuff at the Gun Counter and turned around and guess who was there looking at firearms in the case? You got it. I just shook my head and left.

Later in the week, I'm hanging out with my good buddy Joe who owns Walkertown Pawn and Gun and it was C R A Z Y. He was on the phone, on HOLD with NICs for an hour and ten minutes before anyone picked up to now address his 3 checks he needed. This was NOT counting those who had the CCW's and didn't need a call in. It was crazy. All the local gun shops were slammed packed. Colfax Gun and Ammo, Academy Sport, Pro Shots, all of them. When I was at Academy, they had 2 shotguns left and a rifle that was $1300. The display case was full of pistols but what they had in the case was what they had. Nothing in the back as far as stock. Ammo is scarce. PERIOD.

So, saying all of this, it was kind of funny that those who were or are against firearms were buying or trying to buy. I hope they got to see what it could be like later down the road. People aren't playing when it comes to protecting themselves and their families. I don't tell people what I have nor do I ask others what they have. If they wanted people to know they will tell them but let's just say I wasn't prepared but I am about 3/4 of the way there now and have learned my lesson.

The one thing that I've thought about it is; will the "non-gun" owners try and sell their gun when this is over or settled down making it a buyers market at some really good prices? I think so. Maybe some will keep theirs and at the same time, lay off these no non-sense laws they are trying to pass or get passed. Who knows. All I know is that people have gone bat shit crazy and overboard to a degree. People are so not educated on this virus. The queston also is, is there more to this than what they are telling us? I think so. As of this writing, we're not done people so don't let your guard down. Mandatory lockdowns I feel is coming and those who don't have food will go to extreme lengths to feed themselves and their family. I get it but we have to watch ourselves and OUR family. Just stay alert.

Finally, let's get YOUR opinion? What have YOU done in the past week? Ideas? Pass them on.

John

Bigredman40

Re: The Pandemic and a possible look into the future of firearms
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »
Hey John. Thanks for the time putting this all together and sharing your experiences over the last few days. Theyíve been eventful to say the least. My week has been fairly normal other than fighting tooth and nail to get the school system to take it as seriously as they claim. Theyíre implementing all types of various rules but contradict those same rules in the next sentence. For instance, no employees to come in earlier than 2 minutes prior to shift and no more than 2 in a vehicle, but theyíre sending substitute teachers, bus drivers and cafeteria workers to work with maintenance defeating the purpose of the rules. I understand they need to work as well but there are miles and miles of sq footage of building to clean or buses to sanitize where we wouldnít be putting each other in danger.

I too have had an impossible time finding anmo. I have some, donít get me wrong but I donít want to shoot what I have without being able to replace if needed and thatís definitely not the case. Walkertown gun and pawn offered to put back a couple boxes of 9mm for me until Monday. I hope they know Iím serious about coming to get it and donít sell it to someone else but understand that first come first serve means a lot when things are scarce.

I guess I wish there was an easy solution to this but most real problems arenít easy. I also wish my wife would heed my warnings of non essential outings. Sheís very lucky to have been set up to work from home but insist on doing other things like going to singing practice for online church. I understand church is a very important thing but I do believe god understands that we need to take the steps necessary to protect our girls. Hopefully in the coming weeks itíll get better instead of the direction I believe weíre heading. Prayer works and Iívebeen doing my part. I also last but not least hope that we all learn to love, care and respect one another in a time like this, but am afraid it will only bring the worst out of even the best people.

Love you all, take care of yourself and family, if thereís anything I can help with. Please let me know, just not on here as Iím still learning the ropes.